Lifeworks is offering a Career Move for those interested in our new Shared Living Program.
Shared Living is:
A supported living arrangement that provides the individual with a sense of belonging to a family and sharing a home and life’s experiences.
Do you want to make a major difference in someone’s life?
Are you a responsible person who can help someone make choices in his or her own best interest?
Are you open-minded, accepting of differences, and creative?
Do you believe in emphasizing ability over disability?
Minimum age for being a Caregiver is 21.
Caregivers can be individuals, couples or a family unit.
Home must have an available bedroom (that meets the needs of the individual).
Caregivers must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
Certified in CPR & First Aid (training will be provided)
Must pass a CORI /National background check.
Please Note: Caregivers cannot be employees of Lifeworks.
Role of Caregivers:
- That of a teacher, mentor and friend
- To provide a safe and comfortable home environment
- To provide support to an adult with a developmental disability
- To assist with meal preparation
- Assist with proper hygiene skills
- Medication Administration
- Arranging and transporting to medical appointments
- Socialization and Community involvement
Lifeworks Inc. will:
- Offer support and make ongoing training available
- Offer Caregivers direct access to a nurse and/or consultation services as needed
- Assist with arranging for Respite services when needed
- Caregivers will receive a tax free stipend in exchange for their support and companionship
If you have a passion for helping others and would like to provide care and share your life with a person with disabilities in your home, please fill out the Shared Living Application and send to Debby Nabors at SharedLiving@Lifeworksma.org and begin the screening process today.