Through a combination of local and statewide workforce initiatives and locally driven employer partnerships, we strengthen our community and help individuals and businesses thrive together.
The skills, expertise and passion of our Staff bring tremendous value to our community, the individuals we serve, their families and advocates.
We are committed to developing community-based employment initiatives that support individuals with disabilities in their search for meaningful employment, a safe place to live, and a vibrant active social life based on personal choice.
Because we’re Lifeworks, we do everything with integrity, respect and enthusiasm, setting the bar higher each year for standards of excellence in service to our individuals and communities-at-large.
Our most frequent job orders and placements include:
- Activities Assistant, Teacher’s Aide
- Bagging, carriages
- Collating, copying, faxing, filing
- Custodial, janitorial workers
- Data entry/light office work
- Distribution & Inventory
- Document shredding and processing
- Fitting room services
- Food service
- General labor
- Kitting, packaging
- Laundry, housekeeping
- Light kitchen prep and utility work
- Light landscaping
- Mail delivery
- Meet & Greet
- Picking & Packing
- Retail/customer service
- Sorting, stuffing, sealing
- Stocking shelves and freezers
If you have another task in mind, call us…we can help!
Services for Employers Include:
- Skill assessment based on workplace needs and demands
- Candidate recruiting and referral
- Assistance with new employee orientation and training
- Continued on-the-job supervision and quality control
Our services are provided at no cost to the Employer.
Business Partners Include:
- Caterers, Cafeterias, Restaurants
- Specialty food manufacturers
- Hospitals, Nursing Homes & Assisted Living Facilities
- Plant Nurseries and greenhouses
- Retail departments stores
- Wholesale clubs
- Fulfillment and mail houses
- Colleges, Universities and Technical Schools
- Day Care Centers
- Supermarkets & Grocery Stores
For a casual, ‘no obligation’, conversation about our services, please contact: the Employer Services Manager/Job Development, 781-769-3298.
Fulfillment and Job Training Centers / Sub Contracting
A significant component of Lifeworks training is our facility-based sub contract work in which our individuals complete a variety of assembly, packing, mailing, sorting and fulfillment services.
We’re always expanding our business partnerships and are proud of our many success stories.
“The Lifeworks team has become part of the family here at TJX. Dependable work, great attitudes and fun to be around…I really like the professionalism I see in all aspects of dealing with Lifeworks organization — from on-site supervisors to the back-room administrative systems.”
The TJX Companies, Inc.
Our Operations Manager is always eager to discuss how Lifeworks individuals can provide your business with a high quality, finished product on time, every time.
We’re happy to provide these facility-based services at a very competitive cost in accordance with Department of Labor standards.
If you are interested in learning more about Lifeworks’ sub contracting services, please contact Mike Fuller, Operations Manager, at 781 769 3298 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll be happy to pick up and deliver your materials at no charge, and guarantee prompt, efficient service.
Paid Internship Program
Lifeworks offers TWO WEEKS of paid entry-level labor BEFORE businesses extend a job offer. Think of it as a “working interview.”
Internships are paid by Lifeworks. Employers are under no obligation except to offer the job seeker an honest performance review and consideration for any open and appropriate positions.
You always have the option of hiring someone we refer, OR outsourcing to us before making an employment decision.
- We’re happy to assist in a trial run if that’s what works best for you and your business.
- Pay “by the hour” or “by the piece.” Our low hourly rate includes taxes and worker’s compensation insurance — saving you even more money.
- Lifeworks places individuals and mobile crews in temporary and permanent assignments, part-time or full-time.
- Running out of room, time or just need to outsource? We provide cost efficient subcontract services at our fulfillment center. We’ll even pick up and deliver your materials for free.
We offer the business community:
Workforce solutions: you have entry-level, part-time jobs – we have the right candidates.
Value: you save money on recruiting, placement and training because we do it for you at no charge. And, you may qualify for valuable bottom-line tax credits and additional training grants.
Enhanced Productivity: you are hiring someone whose contribution to your productivity and therefore overall success will exceed the cost of their hourly wage.
Results: Our placement retention rate is 87%. This makes our employer partners very happy!
Benefits to working with Lifeworks Employment Services Staffing Team:
- The opportunity to witness individual performance on the job, prior to offering permanent part-time employment. We pay for a 2-week internship!
- A streamlined hiring process—candidates are recruited by our team. We only refer candidates who match your needs based on experience, skills and productivity levels.
- A staffing team that is 100% receptive and sensitive to your workplace needs and demands.
- Access to skilled job seekers with disabilities who have completed Lifeworks or other skill training programs targeted to specific industries such as food services, hospitality, retail, manufacturing, etc.
To learn more, contact Lifeworks at 781-769-3298.